- Anyone can donate to your charity whenever they sell on eBay.co.uk.
- Just register with us and tell your supporters they can help you when they’re on eBay.
Once you’re registered
- eBay sellers can donate 10%-100% to your charity whenever they sell an item.
- Your charity page on eBay will show all listings that benefit your charity. Find your charity page
- You and your supporters will receive fee credits whenever you sell an item for your charity.
- Every listing that benefits your charity:
- Includes your logo and mission statement, promoting your charity on eBay.co.uk
- Is marked with the charity ribbon , attracting extra customers!
How it works
- 1. Your charity registers with us.
- 2. Your supporter lists an item on eBay, choosing a percentage of the sale price to donate.
- 3. If the item sells, the seller is paid and posts the item to the buyer.
- 4. PayPal Giving Fund collects the donation from the seller, claims Gift Aid on your behalf, and passes on 100% of the funds raised to your charity.
- You have the right to veto any unsuitable listings.
Don't forget to tell people!
- With thousands of charities registered, your donors need to know they can support you.
- Be sure to:
- 1. Tell your supporters to select your organisation as their favourite charity on eBay. Just send them your Charity Profile page and they can click on the ‘Save as Favourite button’
- 2. Thank donors who list items for your charity. You’ll find their contact details in your charity account.
Other ways to receive donations
- Give at Checkout: donations from eBay shoppers
- When buyers pay through eBay Checkout using PayPal, they may choose to make a small donation to a featured or their favourite charity, regardless of whether the item originally sold for charity.
Cash donations through PayPal
- Every charity registered with us is eligible to receive donations from PayPal users through cash donation features and tools we provide. These include:
- a Donate Now tab on your About My Charity page on eBay
- an entry in the charity directory for relevant PayPal Mobile applications
- a page on the www.paypal-donations.co.uk website
- These features allow anyone with a PayPal account to donate to a charity without buying or selling an item on eBay. PayPal Giving Fund collects and distributes these donations and Gift Aid (where applicable) to the benefitting charity.